Welcome to Powercom Solutions
Powercom Solutions are a company based in Dublin with nationwide coverage that specialises in all aspects of Lightning Protection and Electrical works; we design, install, test and maintain systems, as well as carry out essential repairs and maintenance. Together with our fully trained operatives (who have over Twenty-Five years experience), you can be assured your lightning protection system will meet the highest possible standards, and that the system, if maintained correctly, will protect the building and the people and equipment within it, whenever it is called upon to do so.
Powercom Solutions is a specialist lightning protection company which strives to provide innovative and engineered solutions, which minimize the lightning risk, reduce equipment damage and disruption, and overall, provide a safer workplace, and in general a safer Ireland.
We protect both the people and assets in your organisation from a lightning strike. It is essential to make sure that your Lightning Protection system is maintained in good working condition. In fact, it is a requirement of the BS 6651, I.S. EN 62305 & NF C 17-102 that Lightning Protection systems are tested annually in accordance with the relevant Standard.
Our clients made us the Irish market leader in the installation of Lightning Protection systems. They recognised that our commitment to high standards of service and safety meant that they could get on with their job secure in the knowledge that we had done ours.
POWERCOM THE LIGHTNING SPECIALISTS
- You can be sure that your job will be fully and accurately specified right from the startbecause we have invested in best practice design and engineering processes backed up with Furse StrikeRisk software.
- We will use Furse StrikeRisk v6.0 software to calculate the System Design, which will be determined by the correct input of Weighting Factors into the risk management analysis I.S. EN 62305-2, which will indicate the level of structural and Transient Over Voltage Devices required to reduce the risk to tolerable levels.
- You can count on Powercom Solutions because we have made sure that we achieved all the relevant technical and service competence qualifications.
- You can refer to our proven track record as evidence of our ability and professionalism.
- You have the added insurance of knowing that all our services are professionally indemnified, warranted and performance bonded.
- You can rest assured that your Lightning Protection systems remain fully effective by using Powercom Solutions own maintenance teams for regular testing and maintenance.
Powercom Solutions will offer great lightning protection services at low prices. We would be delighted to undertake surveys and submit recommendations upon your instructions. We can promise a speedy, efficient and professional lightning protection service, all at a very competitive price.
I.S. EN 62305
The I.S. EN 62305 standard for lightning protection in Ireland was originally published in September 2006, to supercede the previous standard, BS 6651:1999 that was the British standard prior to the introduction of I.S. EN 62305. First issued in 1985, it was revised in 1992, 1999 and further amended in 2005; before being withdrawn on 31st August 2008.Read More
I.S .EN 62305 (part 4) requires that surge protection must be included as part of a lightning protection system, to safeguard the building, and the people and equipment within it, from the damaging effects of transient over-voltages.Read More
Lightning Protection Testing
Powercom leading the way in Lightning Protection Testing and Maintenance – Powercom Solutions recommend that all lightning conductors and earth grounding installations should be visually inspected and tested at regularly fixed intervalsRead More
Annual Service Contracts
As you may be aware, where lightning protection is fitted, it should be professionally tested by a trusting company on a annual basis (no more than 11 months) to comply with the I.S. EN 62305:2011, BS 6651:1999.Read More
We offer our clients a complete service ranging from
Lightning Protection and Earthing systems working on projects throughout Ireland.
Essential System Components
A lightning protection system designed to comply with I.S. EN 62305 must include all of the following elements:
1. Air terminal networks
2. A network of ground terminations
3. Down conductors interconnecting the air terminals and ground terminations
4. Interconnections with metallic bodies
5. Surge suppression devices on all incoming power and communication lines