Annual Service Contracts
As you may be aware, where lightning protection is fitted, it should be professionally tested by a trusting company on an annual basis (no more than 11 months) to comply with the I.S. EN 62305:2011, BS 6651:1999, meaning throughout 12 years your lightning protection system will have been tested during every seasonal month of the year. Applying this tried and tested method will allow the effect of seasonal variations in resistance or other characteristics of the system to be taken into account. Your lightning protection system will last for many years if properly installed and maintained by us.
If this annual test and inspection is not carried out and does not have a valid test certificate, your company may be liable for prosecution if your building take a direct strike from lightning causing Loss of Human Life, Loss of Services to the Public, Loss of Cultural Heritage, Loss of Economic Value.
Powercom Solutions will undertake the regular lightning protection testing for lightning protection systems, and ensuring your lightning protection system is compliant with all current lightning conductor regulations.
Therefore, to ensure that your company complies with in the law, we would be pleased to submit a quotation and a scope of services, for your annual test and inspection of the lightning protection system or systems installed to your buildings.
- Orders may be placed for a single year, or to two years extended up to three years. Orders up to three will not be subject to annual price increases.
- Prices are based on works to be completed within 12 months of acceptance of order and during the course of continued visit to site.
- Quotations are valid up to 30 days from the date of your inquiry.
The benefits of choosing Powercom Solutions:
There are many benefits of choosing Powercom Solutions for earthing, lightning and electronic systems designs, including:
- Specialist advice from our technical team, which focuses solely on lightning protection issues and concerns
- Designs that comply with all relevant standards – national and international
- Our responsibility for providing a design that is safe
- Experience and the software to provide an ‘optimum’ design – one that doesn’t use more material that is necessary – saving you money
- Expertise and experience utilising our knowledge of the products available to provide a tailored design that can be installed using the most appropriate and up-to-date products
- We have over two decades experience of designing, installing and servicing lightning protection and earthing systems on a wide variety of buildings and structures. We have a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise we are able to impart
Our engineers are constantly updating their skills through training and development including:
Fas Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Location of Underground Services (LUGS)
- First Aid
- Working at Heights
- Harness Safety Training
- MEWP Platforms / Hoists
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Qualified and Certified Electricians
- Weekly Toolbox Talks